At Nunnykirk we believe in participation for all. We want all children to participate in learning and we celebrate all members of our community. We aim to create an inclusive culture in our school where we are responsive to the diversity of children's backgrounds, interests, experiences, knowledge and skills.
We aim to create a learning environment which is flexible enough to meet the needs of all members of our school community and provide high quality teaching for all.
At Nunnykirk School we follow the principles of inclusion as outlined in the 'Code of Practice for Special Education Needs 2014':
- To ensure all pupils are offered full access to a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum.
- All pupils will be given the opportunity to reach their full potential educationally, emotionally and physically.
- All teachers views themselves of teachers of pupils with special education needs, teaching such pupils is a whole school responsibility.
- All pupils with special education needs should have their needs met.
- Pupils special educational needs will normally be met in the mainstream classroom.
- Pupils views should be sought and taken into account.
- Parents/Carers have a vital role to play in supporting their child's education and therefore good home-school links are established.